August 2, 2012

Pushed too hard

Same night I had dinner on Bromley I saw the rainbow in the attached image.

Last few days I've been meeting up with the NOBO bubble. Nice talking with them & getting advice about the trail ahead.

I've been pushing miles the last few days to make Dalton, MA before Void joins me again. Pulled a couple 20s and was doing well but was having issues with my shins that just wouldn't go away. Managed to get to Bennington yesterday amd got a ride to the North Adams Regional Hospital for x-rays. Nothing there but the doctor said to take some time and rest the leg. Zeroing until Saturday and will see how I feel then. Better to rest a few days now than many days later.

I did manage to catch up to Listen just after Manchester and we hiked together for two days till I pulled off yesterday. She pulled a 28.5 mile day and is taking a zero with me. It's always good to catch up to old friends from the trail and see how they're doing.

Trooper may join us tonight if she can get a ride from Manchester.

2 comments:

  1. Hope your shins feel better. Glad to hear that Void has recovered and is rejoining you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you Andy... "vai piano...!!!"

    ReplyDelete