June 25, 2012

During the trip, we went through a bunch of class 3 and 4 rapids on the Kennebec river. I was one of three lucky rafters to be tossed out at the first rapid in a 12 mile stretch of white water.

That section is called Upper Alley. I absolutely enjoyed the ride and was having a blast. With me for this were Carpe and Chitty Chitty. Carpe seemed to have a decent time of it but Chitty Chitty did not have such a good time. I floated along near her for most of the ride and ashely told get things to do to distract her and keep her as calm as possible. Eventually she and Carpe were picked up by our raft but I was too far off for that.According to Randy, the guide for the other raft, Upper Alley is the worst section to go involuntary swimming because if the rapid classes through that section and how long it is. If you're not picked up at the end, it's a long ride till the boats can catch up.

cont'd next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment